Contractors, Vendors & Service Provider Information


Certification applications for Small Minority Businesses and Minority Owned Business are filed through the Connecticut Department of Administrative Services.

Small Business Enterprise (SBE): In order for a business to be certified as a Small Business Enterprise in Connecticut, it must have a principal place of business in Connecticut and be registered as a small business as determined by your primary NAICS code in the federal database maintained by the United States General Services Administration  (SAM), as required to do business with the federal government…or it must be a nonprofit corporation that (1) maintains its principal place of business in the state, (2) had gross revenues not exceeding $20,000,000 during its most recently completed fiscal year and 3) is independent.

Minority Owned Business (MBE): In order for a business to be certified as a Minority Owned Business in Connecticut, it must have at least 50% ownership by one or more minority person(s) who exercise operational authority over daily affairs of the business, have the power to direct management and policies, and receive the beneficial interests of the business. A minority is a person(s) who is American Indian, Asian, Black, Hispanic, has origins in the Iberian Peninsula, a woman, or an individual with a disability.

For application forms and instructions, please click here.

DAS Supplier Diversity Website »


What does a company need to do to be compliant with Federal and State regulations regarding supplier diversity?

CHRO’s Contract Compliance Regulations

CHRO’s Contract Compliance Frequently Asked Questions

DAS Definition of Good Faith

DAS Search for Small/Minority Companies – This search tool allows you to create a list of Small/Minority companies who can provide goods and services to meet your needs. It allows you to sort your results based upon specific criteria such as company name, keyword, county, city/town, or organization type, etc.

Need More Information?

Contact Procurement Services (USDP, Purchasing, CPCA)

Contact a professional who specializes in your commodity. Fill out this quick and easy form and a representative will contact you and provide you with the answers you are looking for.